The KAC MUN program runs from September 2016 - June 2017. Model United Nations is a wonderful opportunity for students who are interested in the United Nations and diplomacy to explore more of these interests in an educational and inspiring setting.
Students work on fine tuning their research skills, public speaking, teamwork and coalition building by participating in MUN conferences throughout California. Students in the KAC MUN program will attend conferences throughout the year: novice conferences and advanced weekend conferences.
Application fee of $100 will be collected at the beginning of the academic year and $50 per month to cover the cost of MUN conferences (except Berkeley & overnight conferences) and MUN materials.
HOW TO APPLY
If you are interested in joining the 2016-2017 KAC MUN, please read the instructions below.
Application Deadline: Monday, August 22, 2016
1. Complete the online 2016-2017 KAC MUN Application
(Students from grades 8-11 are eligible to apply. High school seniors who have not participated in KAC MUN before are ineligible to join the program for the 2016-2017 program year.)
2. Complete the online application and submit all "Required Documents". Please email to (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- 250 - 500 words essay that answers the prompt: Why do you want to be a part of KAC MUN?
- Copy of your most recent transcript (Unofficial Accepted)
3. Financial assistance is available to those that qualify.
4. Submit Application Fee:
(Credit Card / Cash / Check Payable to KAC)
Interviews will be held: August 22 to August 26
**Interview times will be allotted on a first-come, first-serve basis once your application is processed.
The notification will be announced on: August 29, 2016
Parent & Student Orientation: August 31, 2016
*Application fee is due with a signed contract upon your acceptance to the KAC MUN program.